Monday, August 4, 2014

1999-11-23 -- Under Arrest

I dreamt I was driving on Rt 123 toward Tyson's Corner.  Across from Evan's Farm Inn, at the entrance to the police parking lot, a policeman stopped traffic to allow a new VW Beetle police car to enter.  I looked in my rear view mirror to see a car barreling toward me.  It hit me with a crump but kept on going, turning down a dead-end street.  I drove after it, blocked it with my car, and ran to get the police.  When we got there, we found a small crowd doing push-ups on the ground.  The group included a couple of police officers, the other driver, and me!  I asked why I was doing push-ups and the cop said that the other me "appeared to be under the influence."  I protested saying the other driver had hit me and had admitted drinking.  "Did you check her?" I asked.  They said no but that the results would be ready in a minute.  At this point I was the me doing push-ups and two cops lifted me off the ground by my arms and said they were placing me under arrest.  I woke with a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment